Week of March 22-26, 2021
Thank you to those who bid last week. We made $580! The following items will be available for the week of the DWC Spring Shower, March 21 through March 27. Simply email your bids to email@example.com by midnight, Saturday March 27!
1. New this week: A 9” x 4” wicker basket, with a daffodil spring arrangement. Minimum bid $35.00
2. Still available: 13 inch Spring Lakeside pinecone wreath, decorated by Judy Rocchio. It is now at the Woman’s Club in the front hall if you want to drop by and see it. $50.00, minimum bid.
3. For the birds, an 8 inch twig wreath, with a large pinecone filled with peanut butter, corn meal and bird seed mixture. There were two only one remains. Minimum bid $15.
4. Still available: An 8 inch basket filled with small pink roses and baby’s breath. Great for that area where a touch of color is needed. Minimum bid $25.00 only one available.
5. We are still taking donations of any amount to help with purchasing new runners for the front hall, cleaning the main floor carpet, and purchasing new shelving for the refrigerator cooler.
Photos of this week’s items can be seen on www.duluthwomansclub.com and Duluth Woman’s Club Facebook and Instagram pages.
Remember email firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s so easy!
No Zoom programs
March 26th or April 2nd
Friday, April 9th 1 pm Zoom
Coffee and Conversation with Patty
Join your fellow DWC members to catch up
on news and interests.
Reservations with Patty Miller
Friday, April 23rd 1 pm Zoom
Superior Mayor Jim Paine
will share with us information and updates.
Reservations with Rolene Lampi
Friday, April 30th, 1 pm Zoom
Army Corp of Engineers
Restoration of the Beaches on Park Point
Reservations with Rolene Lampi
Cabi Spring Fashion Showcase
Many thanks to all who shopped at the Cabi Spring Fashion Showcase! We were able to visit safely while we shopped…and sales netted the DWC $175! Special recognition to Sandra Nelson and Cabi rep Julie Dowd for their fashion counsel to all. Plans are in the works for a Fall Fashion Showcase….watch this space for more details.
Your opinion matters! And it is important to us! We’ve had a good response to the survey we fielded several weeks ago….and want to make certain everyone has a chance to weigh in on the club’s activities, programs and anything else that is on your mind. Please, if you haven’t completed and mailed the survey, may we ask that you take a few minutes to make your voice heard? Responses from the survey give us ideas when planning our activities and programming. Patty Miller (218-391-1346) or Pam Williams (202-352-8168) are happy to answer any questions you may have.
As you are “Covid” cleaning & sorting, please save broken & no longer wanted jewelry for the Decorating Committee & their Fall Bazaar projects.
These items can be dropped at the DWC During Kathy’s hours, or call Nancy Gregg (349-5559) for “pick-up.”
The Mainly Mysteries Bookclub will meet on
Tuesday, April 13, at 10:00 at the Club.
We will read “The Better Sister” by Alafair Burke and the
discussion will be lead by Rosemary.
Masks and social distancing will be observed.
East Lakewalk Photo Walk: Thursday, March 25
The weather forecast looks good for exploring more of the Lakewalk on Thursday, March 25. We will gather at 1 pm at the Lakewalk Parking Lot on 26th Avenue East and London Road. We will walk the paved trail to the right and explore the shore. Shipping traffic begins this week, and who knows what we will see. All are welcome as we walk, explore and catch up!
“March, when days are getting long. Let thy growing hours be strong to set right some wintry wrong.”
Vice President/Program Chair