Week of March 15-19, 2021
Governing Board Meeting on Zoom
Tuesday, March 16th 10 am
These items will be available for the third week of the DWC Spring Shower, March 14 through March 20. Just like the Bizarre Bazaar, email your bids to email@example.com by midnight, Saturday March 20!
1. A Finnish Felting Experience – Make a Scarf with Patty Salo Downs. 3-hour felting class for 2 people to make a felted scarf to be held in Patty’s art studio that will include Finnish food (breakfast or lunch) depending on the time of day scheduled. ( 9 a.m. – noon or noon to 3 p.m.) The class may be scheduled anytime after May 1st through the end of the year. All materials furnished. $75 minimum bid!
2. Another Judy Rocchio creation. An 8 inch basket filled with small pink roses and baby’s breath. Great for that area where a touch of color is needed. Minimum bid $25.00 only one available.
3. Judy’s granddaughter, Isabella, is creative too. Cow and Octopus. Both are very soft, and would be a great gift for your grand or great grand child. She will take orders, and can be made in a variety of colors.
Minimum bid for the 2 toys, $25.
4. Like to feed the birds? An 8 inch twig wreath, with a large pinecone filled with peanut butter, corn meal and bird seed mixture. Recipe included so you can refill your pinecone. The birds love it! Minimum bid $15 (2 are available, going to top two bidders)
5. Help pay for new shelves for our cooler in the kitchen. The current ones are very rusty and should be replaced before we turn the cooler back on. Bid: $25 and up, unlimited.
Photos of this week’s items can be seen on www.duluthwomansclub.com and Duluth Woman’s Club Facebook and Instagram pages.
Remember email firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s so easy!
Donations of interesting items for the shower are welcome. Just call 218-390-8426 or email email@example.com
Friday, March 19th 1 pm Zoom Program
“Past, Present and Future of the Cross City Trail”
by Dick Haney and Mike Casey
Reservations with Rolene Lampi
Cabi Spring Fashion Showcase: March 18
Mother Nature sometimes fools us into thinking it is spring in the far north, and then brings us back to reality! But we’re planning something this week that may boost your spirits….Julie Dowd, a Cabi clothing line rep, will have Cabi’s spring line at the club on Thursday, March 18. You’ll be able to see what’s fashionable for spring…and buy something new to wear when we soon begin having programs and activities at the club. Julie will have one of everything in the spring line on display, and a variety of sizes. The bedrooms upstairs can be used as dressing rooms in case you want to try something on. So we can stay social distanced, we’ve set up time slots for you to reserve…..10:30-12:00, 12:30-2:00 and 2:30-4:00. Call Pam Williams (202-352-8168) or send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your time. Please wear a mask.
Your opinion matters! And it is important to us! We’ve had a good response to the survey we fielded several weeks ago….and want to make certain everyone has a chance to weigh in on the club’s activities, programs and anything else that is on your mind. Please, if you haven’t completed and mailed the survey, may we ask that you take a few minutes to make your voice heard? Responses from the survey give us ideas when planning our activities and programming. Patty Miller (218-391-1346) or Pam Williams (202-352-8168) are happy to answer any questions you may have.
As you are “Covid” cleaning & sorting, please save broken & no longer wanted jewelry for the Decorating Committee & their Fall Bazaar projects.
These items can be dropped at the DWC During Kathy’s hours, or call Nancy Gregg (349-5559) for “pick-up.”
The Mainly Mysteries Bookclub will meet on
Tuesday, April 13, at 10:00 at the Club.
We will read “The Better Sister” by Alafair Burke and the
discussion will be lead by Rosemary.
Masks and social distancing will be observed.
East Lakewalk Photo Walk: Wednesday, March 17
Let’s look for leprechauns — or bears — on a photo walk with the DWC Camera Club on the eastern segment of the Lakewalk on Wednesday, March 17. We will gather at 1 pm at the Lakewalk Parking Lot on 26th Avenue East and London Road. This is a beautiful stretch of paved trail. All are welcome! Questions? Call Lucy Kragness at 218-348-0475.
“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” -Charles Dickens
Vice President/Program Chair